Fields of View
Qualitative Researcher (WFH)
Full Job Description
Work with us
We are looking for a full-time Social Science Researcher to join our team at Fields of View. You will be required to work with qualitative social data. You must have proficiency in qualitative research methodologies and must also possess a working ability to interpret quantitative data. You will be expected to apply a range of qualitative analytical methods and techniques, including designing of analytical frameworks, executing research projects, analysing and reporting results in various media.
We are a multi-disciplinary organisation working in diverse subject matters such as urban planning, energy systems, local governance, climate change, law and justice, housing, etc. Therefore, you must be able to apply research methods in designing studies and analysing data across domain areas.
Being a research organisation, we encourage all our researchers to explore new avenues of both research and practice. The candidate will be working in an interdisciplinary team, and has to communicate and work with people from different backgrounds. The ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and to rapidly switch contexts is non-negotiable.
This is a full-time role and will be based in Bangalore, India.
- Undertake secondary data collection using public data sources such as Census of India, World Bank, etc.
- Execute research projects from start to finish, including collecting, cleaning, processing, analysing and publishing data
- Independently develop framework of analyses for consolidated primary or secondary data
- Coordinate with stakeholders for data collection and sharing
- Communicate research processes and results to audiences from diverse backgrounds
- Manage projects and team towards the project outcomes
- Writing up research results in the form of journal articles, conference papers, blogs, or white papers
- A Master’s degree in any of the social sciences, including sociology, economics, anthropology, law, public policy, psychology, statistics or in equivalent fields.
- Prior experience in field research, either in conducting surveys or ethnographic research
- Proficiency in qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo, Atlas.ti and data visualisation software such as Tableau or other applications.
- Managing databases, cleaning and presenting data in statistical packages of choice.
- Experience in organising and facilitating Focus Group Discussions (FGDs)
- Developing and writing case studies
- Experience in project management and liaising with project partners
- Simultaneously working on multiple projects
- Quickly switching contexts
- Independently planning and managing your work
- Applying research methods to different subject areas
- Designing primary data collection proposals, including accounting for ethical, privacy and method-specific considerations
- Proficiency in one or more Indian languages such as Kannada, Tamil, or Hindi
- Experience in diverse data collection methods such as games, oral histories, online surveys, social media, etc.
- Experience working with government stakeholders
- Ability to interpret quantitative data and identify emerging trends for analysis
Why Work at Fields of View
- We pride ourselves in building a collaborative and open environment around our work in building tools for inclusive public policy. This is your chance to become an addition to our coveted multidisciplinary team, that houses individuals from different backgrounds scaling from Journalism to Game Design to Law.
- We have collaborations with Indian and international universities, and you get access to cutting edge research in data and policy.
- Depending on your interest, you will contribute to research papers that will be published in major journals.
- Your work will contribute to real-world applications in addressing social problems.
- High levels of ownership as part of a small, growing team.
- We have a generous leave and work-from-home policy and are committed to building an organisational culture of collaboration and trust.
- We are a non-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and vibrant workplace, and highly encourage applications from people from diverse caste, gender, ethnic and religious identities.
To apply for this job please visit fieldsofview.in.