Staff Software Engineer (WFH)
Our groundbreaking technology requires highly skilled and talented Engineers to understand the depth of the problem and devise a solution for it.
We are seeking a Staff Software Engineer, with a range of experience in developing scalable application components and backed by a data warehouse solution, to join our growing company and be a part of our success story.
We are looking for an individual with great attention to detail, one who is genuine, confident, committed and not only passionate about technology, but is keen to own the solution end to end, and most importantly excited to work in a fun and friendly scale-up environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and getting things to work while at the same time being able to mentor (and lead) other engineers by way of example to achieve excellence in their work.
We are looking for skilled and talented engineers to join our Data Analysis and Processing (DAP) team and directly contribute to development of application components built by the team.
The DAP team works on a business critical component which is responsible for collecting required source code interaction and static metrics data from client location, and processing the large volumes of data end to end. Remote deployment and the uptime requirements only makes this component one of the most complex standalone java applications.
As a Staff Software Engineer in the DAP team, you will be directly contributing to development of the Integrator and Central Server components using Spring Boot, Hibernate and Core Java. And while contributing directly to the development of the software components, you are also expected to lead and mentor a team of next generation platform engineers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Analyse, Design, Develop, implement, test and maintain application software components
- Choosing the right system architecture and each individual component of this system at a high level
- Set out architectural guidelines for the team and infuse best practices in the development teams
- Own end to end SDLC, i.e. from Requirement Estimation to Release in production
- Debug application issues and helping support respond to client queries
- Provide accurate estimates, clearly communicates the status of tasks and identification of risks
- Commitment to accomplishing the task at hand and identify the fastest and most reliable way to solve a problem
- Performance tuning of application code at different service levels
- Incorporate design changes to improve performance of the application
- Lead, mentor and guide team to success
What You Need to Succeed at BlueOptima:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years experience with Java and J2EE/Java EE
- At least 1 year of experience leading or mentoring a small team.
- Minimum 6 months of experience in performance tuning of application
- Demonstrable experience of having developed containerized application components, using docker or similar solutions in previous roles
- Strong understanding of relational database, normal forms, partitioning and indexing techniques
- Demonstrable experience in optimising application performance at database or any other layer
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread-safe code
- Strong understanding of Spring Boot, AOP and microservices
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience with Kafka/Kubernetes/Jenkins will be preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and having a can-do attitude
- Experience with CI tools and build pipelines
Why join our team?
- 32 days of holidays (this includes public and religious holidays)
- Contributions to your Provident Fund which can be matched by the company above the statutory minimum as agreed
- Gratuity payments
- Private Medical Insurance provided by the company (Employee + Spouse + 2 Children + 2 Parents)
- 12 Weeks Paid Paternity Leave, 6 months Maternity leave
- Support with childcare costs (50%)
- Work From Home assistance and equipment budget
- Flexible Work from Home policy – 2 days home p/w
- Flexible Work from Long Distance – 4 weeks a year
- International travel opportunities & Global annual meet-up
- High-quality equipment (Ergonomic chairs and 32’ screens)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹4,300,000.00 – ₹5,000,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Provident Fund
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Java: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.