Technical Support Engineer (WFH)
Full Job Description
Lighthouse is a young and innovative company founded by industry experts with more than 20 years of experience. We provide tailor made solutions for improving web performance and security. Our Dynalight product consists of 5 core web services that cater to different needs of modern websites and applications:
- CRIO – A cloud-based image optimization and transformation service to better adapt images for delivery on a website.
- FLEX – On-the-fly flexible cloud service for optimizing the front-end of websites and web applications.
- ELIOS – Web Application Firewall with custom rules and machine learning traffic detection policies.
- WAVE – Request control cloud service to offload your backend by redirecting and rewriting URLs, request and response headers based on your application’s requirements.
- ODIN – Select from our pool of CDN partners to deliver content through the right CDN based on specific technical and geographical requirements
Our Doppio product is an API Management solution built around Kong Open Source and is being used to manage millions of API Calls for one of the largest automotive brands and will continue to evolve over the coming years.
If you like working in an agile environment with a small team of dedicated professionals, then you will love working at Lighthouse. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage female candidates to apply. This role is well suited for fresh graduates looking for an exciting position where they can learn and grow on the job. The position requires some flexibility regarding working hours but with the possibility the perform certain activities from home.
- Actively participate in the configuration and management of websites hosted on the network of our CDN partners
- you will handle basic first level support tickets and, over time, participate in second level support and analyze and resolve operational issues and performance degradations
- Monitor both first level support operations and provide regular management reports
- Management and Reporting, manage customers accounts on internal portals provide new accounts to new users, modifying user access permissions, adding dashboards etc. Day to day monitoring of the performance of important domains. Provide monthly and on-demand CDN usage reports to clients.
- Good communication skills
- Customer Service orientation
- Team Player
- Strong in oral and written English
- Experience in providing technical support in a high demand production environment
- Solid understanding of DNS, SSL and TLS.
- Experience with Apache and Nginx virtual host configurations.
- Experience with sophisticated CDN configurations requiring custom rules.
- Experience in using Linux operating systems.
- Basic knowledge on shell scripting and querying databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Basic knowledge of Web Performance Monitoring and Application Performance Monitoring and the following AWS services – EC2, Cloudfront, Lambda, Route53 and S3
- Gather information from the client for new projects, assess and document customer requirements.
- Willingness to work variable hours which may (occasionally) include late nights, weekends or public holidays and to participate in a 24×7 standby schedule with limited callouts and the possibility to respond from home
- Good communication skills with proficiency in written and oral English and French, basic German preferred
- Very Customer Centric
Items we are looking for in your CV and will be assessing you on include:
- BE or B. Tech in Computer Science or Information Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or Bachelor of Computer Application
- Good understanding of web and mobile applications, Cloud and SaaS services
Job Types: Full-time, Regular / Permanent
Salary: ₹30,000.00 – ₹65,000.00 per month
- Internet reimbursement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- UK shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chennai, Chennai – 600026, Tamil Nadu: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Technical support: 1 year (Preferred)
- total work: 1 year (Preferred)
- AWS: 1 year (Required)
- Web services: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Chennai, Chennai – 600026, Tamil Nadu
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.